From a mentor at HarlemLIVE
Monday, June 09, 2008
Having spent my entire life in Rural Georgia, spending my summer in New York City has been nothing short of overwhelming. For the past 6 weeks, I've been doing what I originally came to do--my part time internship for college credit at the University of Georgia. In my attempt to find extra work to pass the time in Manhattan, I came across a volunteer opportunity to help out journalism students here at HarlemLive, and decided to get involved.

So far, I've only been a part of HarlemLive for less than four hours, but I already feel like my experience in New York has reached a high point. The atmostphere at HarlemLive is a perfect combination of fun and dedication, which is what journalism is all about. I've been a writer for my high school newsmagazine and my college newspaper (rated top 5 in the state), and neither of those can compare to what I've been exposed to in just those four hours.

My journalism School over at UGA could learn something from this place. I'll definitnely have to pull up the website and show them when I go back home.

posted by regular @ 6/09/2008 06:53:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SPECIAL THANKS TO
PREVIOUS POSTS
I Felt Like a Teacher Today
Winning Team and Student of the Month
Drug Peace March!
Day at CBS!!!
NY Times
In A Days Work
HarlemLive
Spring Break
Harlem Men
Starting to get the hang of HL


Powered by Blogger