Nick News.
Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hey, it took me a while to post this, but I've been so tired lately.

On Thursday, Nana, Nyeisha, Sely, Emily, and I went to Nick News. Nana, Nyeisha, and I were interviewed about the topics that have been the most talked about lately: the Iraq War, the economy, health care, terrorism, the environment, and immigration.

There was a van that picked us up from HL and drove us down to Lucky Duck Productions. In the van, we talked about what we were most comfortable talking about on camera. When we got there, everyone was super nice, and we got sodas (to eat with our pizza,) from a really cool, vintage soda machine.

Nyeisha was the first to go. The woman who interviewed her said she did a great job, and said that I was up next. I was really nervous at first, but I knew I would be happy I did it after it was done. They ran a microphone through my shirt, and put powder on my face (real star treatment : ) JKJK) And then the interviewer started asking me questions. I talked about the war in Iraq, terrorism, and immigration. I think we all did pretty well, so hopefully they don't edit us out :)

The Nick News that we did is coming on April 13th, I'm not sure what time, but check it out!

It was such a good experience, and opportunity to be able to talk about my opinions, and hopefully make a difference. Hopefully, this will just be the beginning of opportunities like this for HL. I am so grateful to have been chosen, good thing I made the age limit. Usually, I don't like speaking in public, or being on camera, but I think I'm getting a lot better at it.

P.S. I'm sorry I couldn't come to the staff meeting.

Posted by _dyeemah

posted by TeGaZsaZsa @ 3/30/2008 04:47:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SPECIAL THANKS TO
PREVIOUS POSTS
My Experience
A Fun Day at HL
Why Wear Fur ?
Live at HL
Happy New Year!!!
New Students arriving
HarlemLIVE College Prep Kick Off
Starting if off with Obama
The New HarlemLIVE Team
Saidah Nash of Reuters Visits HL


Powered by Blogger