Best posts of the Day
Monday, July 10, 2006
HarlemLive will post to its blog (what you're reading now) the best posts of the day. We also publish anything that needs the attention of the entire group. Read the blog/s! :)

Remember teams, you have until next Wednesday to make changes. ANYTHING can happen!

Some great posts folks!!

Posted by:

FRANCELESLIA MILLIEN From Team Anonymous (yeah, I know. This was used before but I don't decide on thngs)

So far being part of this group has allowed me to form connections with various people. it seems as though everyone is here for the same purpose and that is to accomplish the goal of "power of the young voice"....BASICALLY...everyone wants to be heard. Each member has expressed their thoughts through video and through their blogs and it makes me more involved and interested in this program . It's very obvious that people love it here and that being here has somewhat shaped or changed their lives.

In my case, my group and this program has helped me become even more expressive and "relatable." I love my team members for the simple fact that they help me correct my mistakes instead of laugh at them. i can tell that my team members are all about progression and growth TOGETHER rather than individually. i'm glad that's the case rather than young African-Americans fighting and degrading one another. It's a relief to know that i am able to break out of shyness so quickly. a person may smile and then a full blown conversation begins. It's cool here. I am most certain that my teammates are gonna help me thru this...all of this...as a team....in UNITY. YAY!




Also from Anonymous (aka' fyrestarterz' ... ah hem.. I kinda like that name, It hasn't been used before!!)

From Imani :

This might be the best summer I ever had.


Again, from Fyre.. i mean, Anonymous.

Tyrell:

The first day of HarlemLIVE was interesting. There was alot of new people that I haven't met before but I know I will end up knowing them. I've been on vacation for a few days, so I'm suprised how much it has changed so far. It looks like it might be much more interesting seeing that we ave way more people than last summer. Hopefully, this might be more competition than last year. I look forward to this summer and what might unfold.


OMG, Two more from Anonymous. Joshua

hi my name joshua......im a newbie at harlem live.........my first day at harlem live was a great expierience....i got to meet alot of new people and interact with them...the harlem group is like big fam..im looking foward to a great future with harlem live.....as of today harlem live is great...they have a great atomosphere and the attitudes of the people here are positive


(note to all, harlem live is one word)

Seshat (who also wins for most humorous (and serious) at the same time):
Hey whats up * no comments about the sky or the ceiling, please*. This is Seshat (i.e. the freak with the coconut purse and the crazy earrings) and I'm . . . . .well, just here. . . . . existing . . . .for the most part. I've been at HarlemLive for about two weeks now and I think I basically got it, the weird Apple iMacs and all that . . . . but the most pressing issue that I feel is facing us here at HarlemLive is the care and upkeep of . . . .dun dun dun . . .the lizard!!! seriously people, Diesel is an iguana and he doesn't get enough to eat, and he should be in the sun or in a heated environment for AT LEAST two hours each day. And he shouldn't eat regular iceberg or romaine lettuce! he needs mustard greens and other nutrient filled vegetables!!!! come on people!!!! save our lizard!!!!


TeamJoc's posts pretty much all went along these lines:

Watz good...its tiana u kno team JoC n da federal building ItZ gOiN dOwN!!! Im really excited about this summer and i cant wait to work with all of yall. i kno dis summer is goin to be alot of fun and hard work but we can do it and win da summer challenge! I hope everybody have fun this summer and we all work together to do what we gotta do. I hope we all have a fun summer and enjoy!! Im out ~1~


Now, some words from Shuffle Alliance:

Not sure who posted this:
As we were assigned job fields for our group I was pretty excited with the slection our team leader made. I look forward to working with the different members of my team because some of them I'm just meeting them properly for the first time. I guess you can say that i'm prepared for any tasks or obsticles that come toward my team and i'm confident that we can work together to overcome them. So far we have a respectful and positve attitude towards each other and I hope that we can build on that instead of a negative change.


Nice

From Shelise:

Hello to all the curious readers my name is Shelise and I had a busy day.Today my the Shuffle Alliance team nominated me as their Captain and the first thing that came to mind was for me to give in my all to make sure we win.I remember a Numerologist took the numbers of my birthday and told me that im ahead of everything.So im taking my team with me as I stay ahead of everything.Trust was taken from me from my team and trust is what im giving back.As a leader I took two of my team members outside on the streets of 125th to do a P.O.S. (Person On the Streets) and we gained a relationship with three intelligent men on out President on Bush.Though alot of people aren't interested in Bush I know with my Video Editing skills I cam open the eyes of my peers.I know with being Captain i'll still keep the name of greatest newbie in HarlemLIVE!


Yeh, Kareem!

I Had a good Day!!
Hey everyone its Ya boy Kareem. As you can see by the title of this blog I had a good day. I arived at HarlemLive at 10:30 this morning after a good weekend. I was Eager and ready to get started on reporting on stories. Today we were broken into groups. I am very happy with my group and i think we have great potential. We also found out that the DYCD is trying to shut us down. When I heard this, I was very disapponted because this has been my best job experience yet.


and strong words from Andrew:

My first day at HarlemLive was better than I thought it was gonna be. Everyone here is comittied to working and are going to make sure I work hard, too. Im going to learn video, and possibly journalism. I have a good feeling about the experince I'm going to have here. I'm going to work as hard as I can to help my team feel good about picking me. I promised my group I would try my hardest and that's what I'm going to do.I know my team Shuffle Alliance is going to work together and win this whole thing. Nobody is here to stop us.


Wow.. some impressive claims. You got folks attention!!

Holla!

posted by Rich @ 7/10/2006 10:46:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SPECIAL THANKS TO
PREVIOUS POSTS
Great Chance to Connect w/ many possible stories!
Summer Youth Media Challenge Teams!
My First Day.....EVER
Hey everyone! It's thursday....
HL's Summer Youth Media Challenge
HarlemLIVE - Monday June 12th
I hate Mondays but this one wasn't too bad
Alumni of the Day: Ashleigh Covington
HarlemLIVE: Created edited and produced by teen of...
Time to start the New Year off Right!!!


Powered by Blogger