Keepin' You Updated
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Hello all,

It's been a few days since i have let you guys and gals know whats been up. So much has happened, so much to tell you about. I don't know where to start.

Hurricane Katrina
I've never been one to know how to deal with disasters. In the past I've just let it go and tried not to think about it. 9/11 affected me because it was so close to me and I could smell the smoke and see the pain. With New Orleans though its there but I've been trying to my best to tune it out. I read the newspaper everyday so as you can imagine it's pretty hard but i try not to look at it. People are dying-true. People are losing their homes-true. But its so hard for me to feel it. I am far from naive but with this situation I feel like i want to be out of the loop.
With that said I reall enjoyed speaking to Cynthia on Sunday. Listening to her actually. I couldn't bring myself to words because i thought i would say something wrong. I'm happy Mera was on the phone because i wouldnt say anything. Listening though was nice. I'm glad Cynthia is sp positive about everything. She is fine and she is in Atlanta now. She sends her love to everyone.
i want to be happy about that, but I'm not sure if I should.

HarlemLIVE
It's been back to the norm for the last couple of weeks. It's amazing how quickly people stop coming when the checks stop coming. Its cool though I knew what I would be working with and I can't be happier with what i have. And for those who havent come back, don't try to come back I don't want to see you. It's not that i dislike you I just don't like to have people wasting my time.
We had our first management scare of the new regime. They said they would kick us out if we didnt ppay like $3,000 but we worked out a nice little deal and we payed all our rent. I did have a series of events this weekend to raise some funds to pay for that and to pay some of our bills. We have like $1,400 worth of bills some overdue and we started this out with zero dollars in the account. We raised over $2,000 over the weekend so everything is paid for and by the time Rich gets back i want to have the rest of the management charges paid for also.

Being In Charge
Even though I've been left in charge to pay all these bills and to make everything go smoothly I still have been hit with a bunch of emails about how my parties will be the demise of HarlemLIVE. Crazy enough my position as PUBLISHER-still a bs title by the way, means that I'm responsible for everything mainly funds though. Now I have done everything I was supposed to and that still isn't right. I have heard all the possible complaints and I see them before anyone else does because I'm there but at the same time I have made sure that every event has been incident free. If the concern is now then i can imagine what it would've been like when we first started and i really didnt know what i was doing. It has all been a learning process and with each event the security gets better, the money we bring in gets better and the potential for problems gets lower. We have Police informed, we have barracades outside to calm things down, we lock off everything from the bathroom to the kitchen to the windows. I know what I am doing. I know i say that everyday but it's the truth. I am unbelievably focused. We'll see what happens though.
Bills are still paid without us having to borrow any money and without us getting close to eviction. SO kevin is holding it down. Enough about me though.

Articles
Being that I run everything from Funds to content i am having an incredibly fun time trying to update this stuff. With no web people coming to the office I have to update the site myself which is almost impossible when im only there for like 5 hours and i have everything else to do. So its not that I dont have new content its just that i havent had time to post it and no one else has been available either. I did get articles from Jessica, Denaira, Tracey Iyanna and even Myself. I'm not sure why I didnt get from everyone else but thats Jessicas problem. I'm still waiting for Ray, Keisean and Tyrell though. ANd I do have an article on Katrina it will be up by tommorow I promise.

School
As we all may agree i'm not ready, you're not ready no ones ready but we have to do it. Did you know i was a junior in college. I'm almost out of there. Whatever will I do?


HarlemLIVE-we all we got.

posted by Anonymous @ 9/07/2005 10:17:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SPECIAL THANKS TO
PREVIOUS POSTS
Posting...
Voicing Our Concerns
Becoming normal again...


Powered by Blogger